Monday, December 8, 2014

Australian Aboriginal Art

Australian Aboriginal Art


I had fun here, and I made a mess.  The larger dot painting was my first attempt, and I didn't understand the directions the first time, so I thought I had to fill in all the space.  After realizing that I didn't have to do that, I made the second one on the wood cut.  Using a pencil instead of a paint brush is so much easier for this, the dots turn out a lot more uniform, and it is quicker as well.  The purpose of this activity is to teach kids about Aboriginal art, how it is used to pass on information and stories, and the process used to make the paintings.  

For the tutorial for this project, click the link below.
http://iwanttoteachartinelementary.blogspot.com/ (Links to an external site.)

No comments:

Post a Comment